Sajar Plastics is always looking for skilled individuals for our team
The overall role of the Mold Operator is to produce, assemble and pack defect-free quality parts that conform to customer requirements and specifications.
The work involves reaching in and removing the part from the mold before the next cycle starts. There may be flash present on the molded part that the operator must trim from the part before it is packed according to customer packaging specifications. There may be some secondary operation required, such as milling, hot stamping, heat staking, sonic welding, or other decorating operations as required.
The operator must visually inspect the parts to ensure there are no defects and part conforms to customer requirements and specifications stated on detailed work instructions. Each job has detailed customer and inspection requirements and first article samples at the work station. The operator must constantly compare every molded part with this information.
It is imperative that defective parts be discovered quickly so corrective adjustments can be made to the machine settings; therefore, operators are responsible to ensure those discoveries are made and immediately notify the processor. The number of defective parts and reason for defect must accurately be recorded by the operator.
The individual must be able to work independently with minimal guidance required. The individual must be able to work well in teams with others from different organization functions and backgrounds as both a leader and an individual contributor.
This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and written procedures and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. This position also requires the ability to add and subtract and fill out standard forms.
This position requires hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity to operate to established standards. This position also requires the operator pay attention to details and ability to operate a paced task efficiently.
Safety (daily requirements): Follow all company safety procedures in the completion of job duties. Wear PPE required for job function. Maintain a neat and orderly work area to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards. Participate in identification of safety hazards throughout the department.
Quality (daily requirements): Using posted work instructions inspect product for required quality standard and assemble and package finished products. Ensure accuracy of product and carton counts on a daily basis. Count, pack and stack finished product per work instructions. Document scrap information on the workstation’s process monitor and production paperwork. Report any scrap, rework or quality problems and/or equipment problems to the department supervisor/team lead immediately.
Productivity (daily requirements): Verify all raw materials, component parts, cartons, and labels are available at the workstation to be used to complete the daily production assignment and that they match the information listed on the IPC. Manually remove molded parts from injection molding machine maintaining established cycle time. Inspect and trim parts to specified quality requirements. Perform secondary operations while the machine is cycling, i.e. hot stamping, milling, sonic welding, heat staking, assembly and decorating within established standards. Label cartons and code product. Complete paperwork accurately and legibly. Rework nonconforming products as assigned and complete necessary documentation. Use visual tools and display boards as appropriate. Actively participate in problem solving activities, follow all established procedures according to ISO guidelines. Accept and embrace change necessary for continuous improvement.
Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- High School graduate or GED, minimum.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, written procedures and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form .
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment to meet operational deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math skills.
- Must possess decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and dependability necessary to meet operational demands.
- Knowledge of Molding Operating Procedures.
- Previous experience running an injection molding press.
- Knowledge of Class A, B, and C of Molding Industry Cosmetic Specifications of Injection Molded Parts.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Very demanding position: long hours, standing, walking, stooping, and reaching; requires physical agility and dexterity.
- Ability to see, verbally communicate, hear and comprehend.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Moderate noise level.
- Exposure to high temperature during warmer months.
- Ability to handle and manipulate small components.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks.
The job functions listed, but not limited to, are minimum required skills necessary to perform the job. This job description is not meant to limit the addition of additional tasks or skills required. Because our Company requires the ability to change and adapt to the times, Sajar reserves the right to change or modify this job description without advance notice, as determined by Sajar.
We have an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician who has experience in plastic injection molding who can effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and repair our plastic molding machines and related support equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all aspects of molding machines from AC/DC, low voltage circuitry to 480v, hydraulics, motors, pumps, PLC’s, pneumatics, and various control systems.
- Assemble, disassemble, and convert/upgrade production lines or support equipment as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance on molding machines and related support equipment.
- Complete all maintenance work order repairs as assigned.
- Maintain inspections of fire protection system, production and facilities equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services.
- Must have at least 3 years experience working in plastic injection molding facility.
- Must have at least 3 years working knowledge of hydraulics, PLC’s, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blue print drawings.
- Must have strong maintenance troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete assignments with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Provide after hours support to production.
Important Note: Due to the large number of responses we receive to our job postings, only applicants with the needed experience and qualifications will be acknowledged.